Everest Apothecary is a new full service medical cannabis dispensary that offers a wide selection of the finest medicinal strains, concentrates and edibles. At Everest, we believe cannabis is best the way nature intended. Our handcrafted cannabis is grown in all-natural soil and harvested by experienced growers. We use all-natural growing methods and the latest technologies to provide our customers with the finest medical cannabis products that improve the lives of our patients. Our goal is to provide a healing solution to patients, supported by our staff professionalism and compassion
JOB TITLE: PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: Albuquerque, NM
The Patient Care Technician is responsible for interacting with and building positive relationships with patients. S/he shall spend time with the patients and listen to their needs and concerns, and make appropriate recommendations about medicine. Therefore, the Patient Care Technician must have a drive to help people and a solid knowledge of medical cannabis. S/he must be able to explain the effects of various strains and products and explain how each one can reduce a patient’s symptoms for different ailments. The Patient Care Technician is expected to stay current and knowledgeable about the products offered by Everest and in the industry. S/he informs and educates about medical cannabis, suggests relevant products and processes sales. The Patient Care Technician keeps a clean and attractive display, a comfortable dispensary environment, and maintains compliance with state and federal guidelines.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about medical cannabis and excited to increase their knowledge.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance and projects trustworthiness and maturity.
- Enjoys building relationships with customers and find that it comes naturally. Patient advisors must have strong customer service skills and at all times be positive and welcoming.
- Is well educated with all medicinal products offered and are willing and eager to gain a deep understanding of Everest’s farming approach, production methods and product lines.
- Possesses strain knowledge, both in the effects and strain genetics.
- Aspires to build long-term relationships with patients through exceptional service, which includes ensuring that patients are receiving the correct medication that will best help their illness and/or condition.
- Is familiar with various methods of consumption and current cannabis trends.
- Will ensure the cleanliness of the medicine stations and back counter.
- Enjoys interacting with patients on site as well as over the phone and will collect feedback on the goods and services provided. Can package, process, roll and trim cannabis as needed.
- Appreciates a fast-paced environment with the ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Has a high level of energy and positivity and will happily complete all tasks delegated by the supervising manager.
- Must be 18 years of age or older with minimum High School or G.E.D equivalent.
- New Mexico law prohibits individuals with felony convictions for distributing or trafficking a controlled substance from this employment.
- Experienced in or driven to learn about the use of medical cannabis.
- Must be reliable and honest. Unexcused tardiness and absence for shifts is not tolerated.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Flexible hours / availability, willing to cover shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Can perform basic math and use standard POS equipment: cash registers, scales, computers, label makers, etc.
- Ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, walking and kneeling.
- Enthusiastic and outgoing team player with a strong spirit of cooperation. Ability to take direction.
- Service industry experience with previous sales/dispensary experience highly valued.
- Personal experience with the positive impact that medical cannabis has had on self or close family/friends.
- Bilingual or multilingual.
- Helping your local community through alternative healing options.
- Working in a new upcoming and quickly growing industry, working alongside an outstanding group of individuals in a high-performing team environment.
- Working in a professional and comfortable environment.
- Learning the details of a full production grow operation, from seed to sales.
- Discounts on medicinal products if medically eligible.
Apply Using the Form Below
Everest Apothecary believes in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our company a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to join us. Send us your story, along with a cover letter and resume.
* This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as required to meet ongoing needs of the organization, and these duties will be communicated to the employee accordingly. Required experience, training, or educational requirements shall be as indicated or as deemed acceptable by Everest management.