Adult-Use Laws & Info


Everest Cannabis Co. is proud to serve adult-use (recreational) customers over the age of 21 at all of our dispensary locations. Legal adult-use sales are available to all United States of America citizens with a valid government-issued ID, as well as travelers from another country with a valid passport.

See below for more information on check-in procedures, purchase limits, legal consumption areas, and other frequently-asked questions for adult-use customers.

Please Note: As an adult-use customer, you are required by law to pay all local sales and excise taxes on THC and non-THC products. 

Looking for NM medical patient laws and information? Click here. 


Source: NMRLD

Eligible recreational users can buy up to the legal possession limit at one time. That’s 2 ounces of cannabis, 16 g of concentrate and 800 mg of edibles.

Currently, there is no daily, weekly or monthly limit on how much cannabis you can purchase. Meaning, you can make multiple purchases as long as each individual purchase is under the legal possession limit listed above.

The best place to consume cannabis is at your home or at a licensed cannabis consumption area. (Everest does not have a licensed consumption area yet, but we hope to create one in the future.)

No. All public consumption is prohbited by the Cannabis Regulation Act and punishable with a citation and a fine up to $50. This includes cannabis-derived edibles and drinks.

Adults 21 and over can legally possess up to 2 ounces of cannabis, 16 g of concentrate and 800 mg of edibles. Where you want to keep it is up to you.

Any more than the above levels must be stored in a private residence out of public view.

Of course, if you do have cannabis products in your car, remember that you cannot consume cannabis and operate a motor vehicle. Driving while intoxicated is a major public safety issue and police will be cracking down on violators.

Yes. Workplaces set their own rules based on the needs of their workplace. Be sure to check your employer’s rules for cannabis consumption prior to consuming cannabis.

A medical patient with a valid NM medical cannabis card issued by the NMDOH can purchase up to 15 oz of cannabis every 90 days, tax free. Medical cannabis can also be sold in servings up to 50mg of THC with no limit of the number of servings sold per container. This is higher than the adult-use limits of 10 mg per serving and 100 mg per package.

Adult-use cannabis is available for sale to anyone 21 and older. Adult-use cannabis can be purchased up to 2 ounces of cannabis, 16 g of concentrate and 800 mg of edibles and is subject to state taxes. There is no monthly limit to the amount of adult-use cannabis an eligible buyer can purchase.

Other than the packaging limitations, the plants and everything derived from them are the same.

Yes. Once a medical patient has reached their monthly medical cannabis limit (once they are out of available units), they are allowed to purchase adult-use products, but they will pay taxes on those products.